Friday, February 14, 2014

Free Doll Hat Pattern and Dress/Top Pattern

Happy Valentines Everyone!!

Two entries in one week. Will wonders never cease?  I found some cute patterns and I wanted to try them. Since I tend to sew for two girls that have AG dolls, I decided I needed an extra model to help out. I got both my dolls on Ebay for decent prices. They match my nieces Rayne and Chloe so I figure I can name mine Jayne (the blonde) and Zhoe (the brunette). Odd spellings but I figure I can be creative in other areas besides sewing. I have been out of the sewing loop for a while so I want to get back into it a lot more. I would like my items to be good enough to sell for top dollar. I don't want to sell, but I want them to be good enough anyway.

Anyway....I found some cute patterns I wanted to share with you and a couple of them are FREE.
I made these cute hat patterns and they were fun to make. I say 'fun' but my hubby heard me grumble more than once about how they were small and a bit of a pain going around corners and such with the sewing machine. I keep forgetting to use my own advice of pin, pin, PIN !!  Let me show you these cuties...


The turned up corner was added by me but I will show it to you later how I did it. I think my own dolls need one of these to wear. If you want to try this out, it's only a 4 piece crown so it's a fairly quick sew. I did line mine and top stitched which is not mentioned in the pattern. The blog site for this pattern is http://daydreamdollboutique.blogspot.com/2012/10/trendy-newsboy-cap-free-pdf-pattern.html

I also did a cute "Izzy" top for my Bitty Baby. It's also a freebie for kids and a very easy sew as well. I doesn't come in a doll size but you can take it and reduce it.


I used scraps I had left over from an apron I made for a friend and this turned out so cute. Here is the site for the free Izzy dress. This goes from 18 months to size 12 !! And did I mention FREE !!. It has been tested by testers who did a wonderful job. I recommend you take time to enjoy some browsing on this site, I think Teri is very generous in offering her pattern to us at no cost. Thank you Teri!! I did reduce this pattern to fit. I had intended to to fit my 18 inch doll but it fit this one much better. I reduced the size two  to 65% and I reduced the size 18 to 65% also to fit the 18 inch AG dolls. I'm getting ready to sew one of those up, so I will post later when I post the hat tutorial.

I did sew up a cute skirt as well. Not a free pattern but not an expensive one. I'll share that link in a moment as well.
A very quick and easy sew. 

Well, that's it for this entry. I have a few projects to sew up so I will come back and enter them later. 

16 comments:

  1. can i have the free pattern newsboy cap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Here's the link if you're still looking for it. http://daydreamdollboutique.blogspot.com/2012/10/trendy-newsboy-cap-free-pdf-pattern.html

      Delete
  2. is the hat pattern available somewhere still? this link isn't working.i want to use it for boy outfits for stillborn outfits donated to hospitals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter showed me a way to send this but I need an e-mail address please

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry it took so long to get back with this link. I've been absent for quite some time. Here is the link I used. I did alter the bill so one end would fold up. http://daydreamdollboutique.blogspot.com/2012/10/trendy-newsboy-cap-free-pdf-pattern.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, the link to the pattern doesnt work. The blog post is good, but do you have a working link for the pattern itself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, my daughter showed me how to send it but I need an e-mail address to send it please

      Delete
  5. The pattern for the cap is no longer available. Are you able to email me a copy of the pattern please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently she has taken down the blog with the pattern. It's too bad because she had several doll patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. The blogger has removed the working link and I don't know how to send a copy from my downloads

      Delete
    2. My daughter showed me how to send this but I need an e-mail address please

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete